Creating and Monitoring Your Organization's Social BarometerWhat metric is important to your business? How do you measure the success of a campaign or product? Does your social media analytics strategy monitor those indicators across multiple channels? In order for social media programs and their subsequent measurement to gain further support in the enterprise, they have to be tied to key business metrics. Tracking and reporting on 'Likes' and mentions does not give your organization enough solid data to know if your business is moving the needle in the right direction.
Creating a Social BarometerOne recommendation we give to clients is to ask them to define what are the critical behaviors or actions you want consumers or viewers to take. In retail, it might be identifying those:
- consumers expressing an intention to buy or buying
- consumers providing an opinion on a product or discount program
- consumers describing a problem
- viewers expressing an intention to watch or who are viewing
- viewers expressing loyalty to a program or character or who have said "this is my favorite" show
- Viewing Intent